Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Big Changes

There is a point in one's life when they know an experience has impacted them more than they thought it would. For me, it was being here in London for 3 months on my Study Abroad adventure. This city is more than amazing and I can't even explain why. It's oozes great times and happiness and that's what I got and more from being here.

Not until last night did I realize how much my flat mates have impacted me. I knew I would never find a group of people like them anywhere and I knew leaving would be tough but when our first "We don't know when we will see them again" people set off last night, things got out of hand. I found myself and my other flatmates bawling our eyes out at several different occasions. I knew it was the end of a fairy tale life I've been in for the past 3 months. This life is something that will seem so unreal when I get back home and I'm afraid when I get back, my experience here will have opened my eyes and people and places will not seem the same as I once knew them. I love my friends dearly from home but they don't even seem real anymore. I'm sure this feeling will quickly go away as soon as I see them but even so it still feels so weird.

These people here have changed my life in so many ways and I will never forget them. I will always know London as that place where I lived life the way I wanted to and that place where I will always want to go back. Experiences like this don't come around all the time and I hope everyone can experience something like this sometime in their life. You only live once, so do what you can to live it to the fullest.

Next post will be photos of my flatmates!

xx
Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment