Saturday, December 11, 2010

Random Fashion: Oversized Madness


I'm pretty sure I've been a fan of buying clothes that are a size bigger than what I'd normally purchase for a few years now. Whether it's a tank, cardigan (my personal fave) or anything else with sleeves, I've gotten used to grabbing a medium instead of small. It's the contrary with bottoms but that's beside the point....Anyways, it's come to my attention that this oversized thing is actually quite fashionable now! My favorites (Forever 21, H&M, and more recently TopShop) even advertise sweaters and cardigans as oversized. I love it! Something about having extra long sleeves and throwing a chunky knit over some tights or skinny jeans gets me going, especially during these winter months when bundling up sounds great just about every second of the day. London is all about the winter fashion and I'm definitely getting a ton of inspiration being out here.

During a recent trip to Madrid, I stumbled upon a store named Bershka. When I walked in a proceeded to unconsciously grab everything. Than because it was closing....I bought it all. Very risky but I trust myself by now and ended up loving every thing I bought. Luckily!


This is one of the items I bought. I huge holey knit cardigan that I love oh so much! I like the fact that there's holes in it because even though wearing a tank underneath would be stupid out here in the London cold, it's perfect for the Cali weather I am about to return to. I would pair this with some tights, a long loose shirt, shorts, and some Docs and be on my merry way :)

One of my favorite fashion bloggers Rumi Neely (in the photo above) pulls the oversized look off great! Photo courtesy of www.fashiontoast.com

check out her blog Fashiontoast !

xx
Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment