Monday, December 6, 2010

Random Food: Stir Fry


For anybody that follows me on Twitter you know I've been obsessed with cooking and eating chicken stir fry for the past 4 days or so. The reason being is I was tired of eating bland food and hadn't really had a proper cooked meal in ages. One of my flat mates told me how he makes his stir fry and since I tasted it I decided I must learn! So I bought everything he told me to and gave it a go and succeeded the first time around. Who knew I would learn cooking not from my mother but my BRITISH flat mate haha.

So I'm going to share how I make it and hopefully some people, mostly college students since it's pretty cheap and easy, will use it!

What to Buy:
Meat (chicken or beef or any meat you like. for vegetarians none obvi)
Garlic
Onions
Bellpepper
Broccoli
I hear Chili peppers are good too but haven't tried it yet
Rice or pasta
Soy Sauce

How to Do: (with chicken)
On a frying pan put some oil and slap that chicken breast on it! (season if you know how)
Let it cook a while
While it cooks, have water boiling for the rice or pasta
Cut up the veggies!
When the chicken looks mostly cooked throw in the veggies and pour on some soy sauce and let it marinate and cook until you think it looks done. I do about....5 min or so?
With rice I let it cook and serve the stir fry and rice separate. With pasta, after its done cooking I dump it in the frying pan with the stir fry and put some more soy sauce. Let it sit for a while until it's done.
Throughout I also put salt

And that's pretty much it!

NOM NOM and happy cooking

xx
Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment