Monday, December 27, 2010

Thought of the Day: Can't we all just get along?

It's great being back from London and seeing all of my friends from home. I was lucky enough to see them my first real day back at a kickback of a friend of a friend...etc. All seemed well but all is not well and I've been thrown in such an awkward position for reasons that to me seem astronomically immature.

I don't know if being abroad open my eyes or if I'm just one of those people with common sense but it just doesn't add up. The amount of drama between these people that I love to death and have shared so many good times with this past summer is hurting me. They don't see it, but I feel it. I have the ability to not take sides and that is helping me get through to both sides. I can try but there comes a time where being an adult means acting like one and I can only do so much for them.

The pettiness of what is happening makes me sick. I'm going to turn these feelings into a clear message even if that message is one of the most well known cliches to ever exist (ppl should know by now that I live and die by cliches lol). YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE SO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF IT. And when I say make the most out of it, I mean lay shit out on the table, accept it, and continue on with life. There is no way I would be able to live with myself knowing I had "beef" with someone for an extended period of time for a reason that in about a month will seem extremely...well....DUMB.

Life's not always easy obviously and I know people grow apart. Shit Happens (another cliche) and that's just the facts of life. So when you know that that time has come, let them know and separate in peace....Holding a grudge can only bring negativity in your life.

xx
Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment