Friday, January 21, 2011

Learning to do things for yourself

These past couple weeks have been mighty frustrating and busy as I endure "Life on Set" for a class I am taking for Winter session. This "class" has turned into a job. We are on set for 12 hours a day almost every day a week including Saturdays. I'm always tired and I barely hang out with my friends anymore. So in relation to my previous blog post before I started, I am surviving but just barely!! In addition to this class, I just have other things people are asking me to do and they keep piling up. Life is busy as it is. Stress, stress, stress!

This Monday/Martin Luther King Day (which is definitely a national holiday!!) I had the pleasure of having the day "off". Sike, I was forced to wake up early and attend a production meeting at 9am.....sheesh. Anyways, after I was done in the meeting and finished running wardrobe errands I hit the 5 fwy to visit my older brother in LA for a break from school. He had never been to Venice Boardwalk so I was glad to come along and share the experience with him.

As soon as the calls and texts from tv crew finally ceased, I was able to relax and enjoy the beautiful day with one of my favorite people in one of my favorite places. It was amazing and I thought to myself, thank God I came out here for the rest of my day! I realized how important, especially in times of high stress like I was in, it was to get away and do something for yourself. My trip to LA was just the thing I needed.

The moral of the story is, life should not be all about work and schedules and deadlines. I was thrown back into reality after coming back from London and it's a good thing I was but at the same time I miss that "free spirited" living that I became accustomed to over the past 3 months. When stress has brought you down, get back up with some relaxing activity that you enjoy. As impossible as it sounds, it is possible. And if you feel it isn't....well that's what this post is all about isn't it? ;)

xx
Ty

2 comments:

  1. Great post! You have a lovely blog girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! unfortunately i dont really post here anymore "/ i appreciate the love regardless :)

    ReplyDelete